“Scholars Insider”, “we”, “our” and “us” means any member of Scholars Insider and its subsidiaries. “You” and “your” means any of you (as a student) and your parent or guardian, as the case may be.
By registering Scholars Insider classes, lessons, programmes and courses (collectively, the “Programmes” and each a “Programme”) as well as your engagement of our admission consultation services or any other services (collectively, the “Services” and each a “Service”)., students and parents must accept and agree to General Terms and Conditions. The latest version of General Terms and Conditions will be the one available at https://www.scholarsinsider.com/.
Scholars Insider and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Scholars Insider”, “we”, “us” and “our”) value your personal data. We pledge to comply with the requirements of all applicable data protection laws and regulations in relation to personal data protection.
Unless your express consent is required by the applicable laws, by providing your personal data to us, you are accepting the terms of this statement and consenting Scholars Insider to collect, retain, disclose, transfer and use your personal data in accordance with this statement, as amended from time to time. Further, we will only use and transfer your data for direct marketing purposes as specified in this statement. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide us with your personal data.
1. What data do we collect
For enquiries, Scholars Insider collects the following data;
- Contact number
- E-Mail address
To register for Scholars Insider’s services, we will acquire additional data such as the following:
- applicant information, including your name, contact information (telephone, fax, mobile, postal and email addresses), date of birth, information on your identification documents (such as identity card and passport);
- academic information;
- billing information, transaction and credit card information;
- records of correspondence between you and us; and
- information about your family information, personal interests, experiences with our services, programmes or products.
2. How do we collect your data
Scholars Insider only collects data provided by the data subject themselves. We collect data and process data from you:
- when you apply for, enquire about, or receive our programmes, products or services;
- when you register to attend any of our events;
- when you correspond with us;
- when you apply to make any changes to your application and/or our services, programmes or products; and
- through this website and such other websites owned, operated and/or controlled by us (“www.scholarsinsider.com”).
3. How will we use your data
Scholars Insider collects your data so that we can:
- providing our services, programmes and products to you;
- processing your application/enrolment;
- responding your application/enrolment;
- conducting surveys, research and analysis for improvement of our services, programmes and products and the Website and for marketing purposes;
- billing purposes;
- offering you with our services, programmes and products, including sending you marketing and promotional materials relating to our services, programmes and products (Please refer to 6. Marketing);
- conducting joint promotion events, including sending you marketing and promotional materials relating to our affiliates, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or companies. (Please refer to 6. Marketing); and
- making such disclosures as required by law.
As each data subjects’ preference and circumstances varies, Scholars Insider may collect additional information regarding the data subject throughout the engagement process. Such information collected will only be used to understand the data subject and offer tailored advice for the above-mentioned purposes.
4. How do we store your data
Scholars Insider will endeavour to ensure that your Personal Information is kept secure from unauthorized disclosure or access. We use various encryption techniques to transmit via the Internet your personal data, which can only be accessed by our authorized personnel. Given the operational nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that the transmission is fully secure.
Scholars Insider will retain your personal data for a maximum period of 7 years. Once this period has expired, we will delete your data either by shredding, deleting, formatting, overwriting, or degaussing.
5. Cross-border and Cross-party transfers
The processing of personal data will strictly remain within Scholars Insider. Depending on the categories of services that you have registered with Scholars Insider, your personal data may be shared with our corresponding office(s) or representative(s) located outside of Hong Kong to fulfil the purpose of collection. This includes without limitation to the following:
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to third parties (within or outside Hong Kong) to fulfil the purpose of collection, including without limitation to:
a. any overseas educational institution;
b. any testing and educational service provider;
c. any agent, contractor, or third party service provider who provides administrative, legal, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or other services to Scholars Insider;
d. any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulators and government departments for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and protection of our legal rights.
Scholars Insider would like to send you information regarding our products, services, events and promotions.
If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you may always opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing reasons, please find our contact details at section 10. How to contact us.
7. What are your Rights as a Data Subject
Scholars Insider would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your Data Subject Rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Scholars Insider for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Scholars Insider correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Scholars Insider to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Scholars Insider erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Scholars Insider restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object processing – You have the right to object to Scholars Insider’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Scholars Insider transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please find our contact details at 10. How to contact us
8. Privacy policies of other websites
10. How to contact us
Last updated 05/02/2022